To send press releases and tips, or to request permission for use of photos/text, contact Real Hartford, LLC via email
Items of Interest
- events that seem to have the intention of improving life in Hartford, continue to add vibrancy to the city’s cultures, or have a socio-political aim.
- Is it good for the Hartfordites? Is this event something that either the majority of my neighbors could afford to attend or something that will benefit the community greatly?
- Is it something that this audience would want to read?
- Does it deal with issues like education, food security, housing, or justice?
- Is it related to the arts?
Items not of Interest
- political rumors/scandals that do not impact the on-the-job performance of the politician(s) directly (allegedly) involved. I don’t care if the mayor participated in an escort service two decades ago.
- fetishization of gang/drug-related violence
- knee-jerk reactionary pleas about every cause, every event, every change that occurs. This is especially true of pleas based on inadequate and/or incorrect information. Do some damn fact checking!
Bonus Advice for Public Relations People
- Read Real Hartford before making contact. Real Hartford will not write about your organization in Miami or review the burping cloths from your company based in Portland, OR.
- If you request that we send a “cameraman” we will ignore you until you join at least the late 20th century and review your use of sexist language.