On Saturday, overlapping the Peace, Love & Music Together festival in Elizabeth Park, Envisionfest coordinated a number of activities and events primarily in downtown Hartford. A new addition this year was “Small State Great Beer,” a beer festival featuring beer brewed in Connecticut. (more…)
- Farmers’ Market at Billings Forge: this market operates every Thursday, 11 a.m. – 2 p.m. on the green on Broad Street between Capitol Avenue and Russ Street.
- Take a free tour of the Soldiers and Sailors Memorial Arch in Bushnell Park, 12-1:30 p.m.
- Thursday Nights on the Plaza: happy hour, 4-8 p.m. on the Riverfront Plaza. Live music, food, and beer. No cover charge.
- Connections + Collaborations: opening reception for art reception at 100 Pearl Street Gallery, 5-7 p.m. This free event will feature work from artists involved in the Art Connection Studio.
- Yoga in the City: Free yoga in Elizabeth Park (meet on Rose Garden Lawn) begins at 5:30 p.m. Bring your own mat/towel and water.
- Listen to The POSSM and Now For Ages play live at Peppercorns (357 Main Street), 8:30-10 p.m. No cover.
- Bear’s is sponsoring a free outdoor screening of The Martian in Riverside Park. The movie will begin at sunset.
- Ken Morgan’s digital abstracts go up at EBK Gallery (218 Pearl Street) until September 28, 2016.
- Head over to Cinestudio (300 Summit Street) to see Captain Fantastic at 7:30 p.m. General admission is $10.
- Everything I Am Youth Summit: They say that this free event is “designed to enhance, engage and empower youth towards a future of achievement, fulfillment and happiness. Our programs cater to African American, Hispanic and Bi-Racial youth ages 12-19.” There is only room for eight girls, so register. This will be held at Carmen’s Events & Beauty Showroom (942 Main Street) from 9 a.m. – 2 p.m.
- Goodwin Park Clean-up: Here’s a chance to give back. Bring your own gloves and bags. Refreshments will be provided. 10 a.m. – 12 noon.
- Yoga in the City: Free yoga in Pope Park (meet on lawn near pond) begins at 11 a.m. This will be taught in English and Spanish. Bring your own mat/towel and water.