This monthly event listing includes arts and entertainment, civic engagement, academic, cultural, wellness, and other types of activities happening in Hartford during April. There is no intent to include all events — it’s curated, with preference given to what the widest range of Hartford residents can afford (free or low cost) and what sounds most interesting to us.
This information is accurate as of publication to the best of our knowledge. Keep in mind that events are sometimes cancelled or postponed, and that incorrect details are at times given to us. Verify with the venue if you are concerned about last minute surprises.
To get an event published for next month, send details to email@example.com by May 25th. Nothing is added after the calendar is published.
- Sunday Supper and Conversation: join Gross Domestic Product‘s cast and team for a talkback supper from Black-eyed Sally’s following the show’s final performance at 2 p.m. It’s $50 for the performance and supper; $30 for the talkback supper only. This takes place at the Carriage House Theater (360 Farmington Ave.)
- Secret Garden Tea Party: Tainted Inc. (56 Arbor St., Suite 310A) is holding a “sip & shop tea party” at its studio from 4-6 p.m. Field to Face Organic Beauty and Age into Beauty will have pop-up shops at the location. $10.
- Open Mic Night at Infinity Bistro (32 Front St.). Performers sign up at 7 p.m.; music at 7:30. Free.
- Stop by the Toivo Center (399 Franklin Ave.) for a half hour of free meditation starting at 9 a.m. ($5 suggested donation)
- Venom Vintage (365 Capitol Ave.) is hosting Tea Through Time, a free evening of art and tea. Lavender Molly is the featured artist for the month. Kristyn Leamon will provide violin music. Visitors are encouraged to wear their “finest threads through time, be it Renaissance, Victorian, 20’s Flapper or 70’s Hippie.” This begins at 7 p.m.
- Arch Street Tavern hosts the Hartford Jazz Orchestra every Monday. The free show starts at 8 p.m.
- Morning Bike Ride: Meet at the corner of Boulevard and Prospect (parking lot) at 6 a.m. and head out for a ride to Keney Park, Cigna, West Hartford Reservoir, or Wood Pond. The ride takes about one hour. Helmets are required. Bad weather cancels. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org or 860-232-9019 for more info.
- Free Zumba at Toivo Center (399 Franklin Ave.), 6 p.m. ($5 suggested donation)
- Try an all levels aerial yoga class at The LivingWell Centre at The 224 EcoSpace (224 Farmington Ave.). The hour-long class begins at 6:15 p.m. This is $24. Register online.