- Free yoga in Keney Park at 10 a.m. Meet near the Pond House. Bring your own yoga mat/towel and water.
Garrison Leykam will be the featured author at the launch of Hartford Public Library’s The Author’s Table. Today he launches his book Postcards from the Highway of Life, which he says is “both a rich essay about baby boomer values as well as a wake-up call to preserve an entire generation’s identity.” This free event will take place from 12-3 p.m.
- West End Farmers’ Market happens on Tuesdays, 4-7 p.m., on the green near the Mark Twain House & Museum. Rain or shine. Sometimes they have live music and artists, if the bread and vegetables aren’t enough.
- On Tuesdays you can find the Hartford Mobile Market at the Boys and Girls Club of Hartford, 1 Nahum Drive, from 4:30-6 p.m.
- Toivo offers $5 Zumba classes! This one-hour session begins at 6 p.m. This is at 399 Franklin Avenue.
- Real Board Games returns to Real Art Ways at 6 p.m. Just show up and play. You’re welcome to bring a game of your own.
- Being out of town for a few days where WiFi was spotty at best, I felt grateful for having a readymade excuse for disconnecting. Tonight, there will be a discussion at ArtSpace Gallery on “Connection or Obsession: A Healthy Relationship with Social Media.” This will be a talk about what the “experts are saying about the dangers of overdoing our screen time, and we’ll strategize about ways to use these tools in the healthiest way possible.” The Healthy Potluck (bring a dish to share, list all ingredients) begins at 7; discussion goes from 7:30-8:30. A small donation is suggested. Continue reading 'September 2015 Events'»