- Free admission to the museum galleries at Connecticut Historical Society, 9-5.
- Tour the Annual Garden at Elizabeth Park. Meet at the Annual Garden for the 10 a.m. tour. Free.
Ninah’s Dowry screens free at the Hartford Public Library as part of the Global Lens Film Series, 1 p.m.
- Taste of the Caribbean & Jerk Festival: Music, food, and family activities by the Connecticut River, 1-11 p.m. Free admission, but food and beverages will cost you. If you’d prefer to bring your own picnic, you can, but no alcohol. But why would you? Isn’t getting food here the whole point?! There are multiple entrances to the Riverfront. You can park for free at Charter Oak Landing and Riverside Park and walk along the path.
- Church by the Pond: Christ Church Cathedral provides a 2 p.m. service every Saturday by the pond in Bushnell Park. Bagged lunches are provided following the service.
- HartBeat Ensemble’s Youth Play Institute presents Beyond the Picket Fence. They say: “3 best friends watch their parents struggle with issues of justice in the workplace- and are forced to make some hard choices of their own.” Tickets for the 7:30 p.m. show are $5. This is at the Carriage House Theater, 360 Farmington Avenue. Continue reading “August 2015 Events”