- GAZE: LGBTQ happy hour at Real Art Ways. This free and informal event starts at 5:30.
- Liquid Lounge: Dino de Mayo: Cinco de Mayo party, with dinosaurs. This is the Connecticut Science Center’s every-so-often adults only party. There will be strolling Mariachi music with Fiesta Del Norte, live Latin jazz, DJs, live Mexican and desert animals, salsa lessons, and more. 6-10 p.m. Not free.
- Free admission to the Connecticut Historical Society galleries from 9-5. Free admission does not include access to their research center.
- Kim Cannon’s POP-UP Art Market: 10-4 p.m. at the Hartford Seminary, 77 Sherman Street.
- Samba Fest at the Riverfront — 11 a.m. – 6 p.m. Free. Dance, get your face painted, or picnic while listening to music from the Ivan Vilela Trio, Trinity Samba Ensemble, GuakiBom Jazz Salsa Ensemble, and the Trinity Steel Band. Take part in the Brazilian dance workshops with Ginga Brasileira; learn Samba, Capoeira, or Maculelê)
- Art reception for Brian Dupont at EBK Gallery, 218 Pearl Street. 6-8 p.m. Art from this exhibit will be displayed through May 10th.
- Maybe this gets the prize for weird event of the month? (more…)