- “Trump, Immigration, and Higher Education” — a discussion with CT Students for a Dream. 4:15-6:15 p.m. in Terrace Room ABC of Mather Hall at Trinity College. Free and open to the public.
- Connecticut Poetry Circuit Student Reading: Magge Nigro, Jonathan Esty, Kelia Ingraham, Ian Mentus, and Yao Ong of Trinity College, Yale University, University of Hartford, Central Connecticut State University, and Wesleyan University, respectively, will be honored at this reading. 4:30 p.m. at Trinity College in the Admissions and Career Development Center‘s Grand Room. Free and open to the public.
- Butch Lewis Community Conversation: Join Jamal Joseph at the Hartford Public Library for a screening and discussion of 13TH, a film exploring the history of mass incarceration in the United States. Refreshments at 5:30 p.m.; program begins at 5:45. This is free and open to the public, but registration is requested.
- Get HYPEd: This monthly casual networking event for young professionals will be held at Sidewalk Cafe (236 South Street). This is a free event. No registration required. Bring business cards! This spot is a five-minute walk from the bus stop on Franklin Avenue.
- How to Start Your Own Small Business: Start to put your ideas into action! The University of Hartford’s Entrepreneurial Center offers a number of free workshops throughout the year, all of which are open to the general public. You do have to register. This session is from 6-8:30 p.m. at the Entrepreneurial Center (1265 Asylum Avenue).
- Lovewhip at The Half Door (270 Sisson Ave.), 9:30 p.m. $2 at the door. $21+ only (unless accompanied by parent/guardian).