- Billings Forge Farmers’ Market: This farmers’ market is year-round either on the green (Broad between Capitol and Russ) or at 563 Broad Street, 11 a.m. – 2 p.m.
- David Baker, author of 11 books of poetry, is the featured reading in this afternoon’s edition of the A.K. Smith Reading Series at Trinity College in the Reese Room of Smith House, 4:30 p.m. This is free and open to the public.
- First Thursday After Hours at the Wadsworth Atheneum, 5-8 p.m. This marks the opening of Mark Dion/MATRIX 173 with an artist talk at 6 p.m. Music to be provided by Orice Jenkins and Friends. $5 general admission. Stick around for a free screening of Far from the Madding Crowd at 8 p.m.
- Chris Grosso, author of Indie Spiritualist: A No Bullshit Exploration of Spirituality and Everything Mind will be at Toivo (399 Franklin Ave) tonight at 6:30 p.m. The first 25 people will receive a free autographed copy of his new book.
- Free Bikram Yoga class at the Hilton (315 Trumbull) at 6:30 p.m. Bring your own mat and water. No registration necessary.
- The next meeting of the West End’s Public Safety Committee is at 7 p.m. at the United Methodist Church. Anyone with questions or concerns may attend. CSO Joe Sherbo will be in attendance.
- The Professors of Sweet Sweet Music play originals and covers at Peppercorns Grill (357 Main), 7:30-9:30 p.m. No cover charge.