If this week’s weather forecast makes you want to lock yourself in your air conditioned apartment, consider a few less antisocial options.
According to the City of Hartford the summer spray pools have been open since June 3rd and will remain so until September 2nd, from 10am until dusk. Spray pools can be found at the following locations:
- Day Park on Orange and Arbor Street
- Delucco Playground on Brook Street and Bedford Street
- Forster Heights on Harvard Street
- Goodwin Park on Maple Avenue and South Street
- Keney Park on Woodland Street and Waverly Street
- Lozada Playground on East Street and Seym Street
- Pope Park North (AKA Baby Pope) on Putnam and Russ Street
- Sigourney Park on Sigourney Street
- South End Park on Franklin Avenue
- Willie Ware Playground on Windsor Street
The spray pools should be open except during inclement weather.
Indoor pools have a more restricted schedule.
The Parker Memorial Community Center Pool (2621 Main Street) and Pope Park Pool (30 Pope Park Drive) will be open from June 24-August 16th, from 10am-8pm.
The outdoor pools, open since June 11th, are scheduled to remain open through August 18th, from 10am-8pm on weekdays and noon until 6pm on weekends and holidays.
That seems uncomplicated, but there are set times for types of swim:
10:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m.: Swim Lessons, Recreation and Supervised Playground Programs
12:00 p.m. – 1:00 p.m.: Senior Swim, Adult Lessons, Adult Lap Swim
1:00 p.m. – 4:00 p.m.: Recreation Swim
4:00 p.m. – 5:00 p.m.: Swim Team/Development Swim/Swim Lessons
5:00 p.m. – 7:00 p.m.: Adult Swim
Weekends and Holidays
12-6pm: Family Swim
The outdoor pools also close during inclement weather.
Outdoor pools can be found at:
- Colt Park (106 Wethersfield Avenue)
- Goodwin Park (Maple Avenue and South Street)
- Pope Park (Pope Park Drive)
- Keney Park (Edgewood Street and Greenfield Street)
During heat waves, all pool programs are changed to Family Swim.
If anything is amiss with the pools or spray pools, contact Contact: Edward Doughtie at 860-722-6573