Leave a comment if you know where this can be found in Hartford.
There is no Ivy League college in Hartford, but that has not interfered with the resurgence of a writing culture here. Continue reading 'Hartford Writers: Beyond Harriet, Samuel, and Wallace'»
After a property owner has been delinquent in the realm of paying taxes for a good long while, that parcel is made available by the City of Hartford to others. On Saturday, February 23rd, twenty properties will be up for sale.
It begins in the Bulkeley High School auditorium at 10am; potential bidders must register between 8-9:45am. Continue reading 'Cheap Properties Up for Bid'»
Free Zumba will be available at the Burns Latino Studies Academy on February 20th, starting at 6pm. Those wishing to participate should bring sneakers and water. The organizer asks that you send an email so that she knows how many people to expect.
Burns is located at Putnam and Russ. Enter through the door facing Russ Street.
The review site Yelp has compiled a Greater Hartford Bucket List for 2013, using suggestions submitted by its members. Over 60 of the 100 items listed are in Hartford proper. Here are just a few items to add to your to-do list:
- Annual Dragon Boat and Asian Festival
- ArtWalk Gallery opening at the Hartford Public Library
- Beat City Beauties Burlesque show
- Beef patties from Scott’s Jamaican Bakery
- Beer and Duckpin Bowling at Ducks on the Ave
- Bluegrass in the tavern at Firebox
- Chase down the NoRa Cupcake Truck
- Devour an Italian grinder at D&D Market
- Discover Hartford Bicycle Tour
- Latin American eats at El Mercado
- Night Fall performance in Pope Park
- See the two-headed calf in the Old State House
To see the full list, go to the Yelp site.
The community meeting to discussion the Albany Avenue streetscape has been reschedule for February 21, 2013. The original meeting was canceled because of snow.
This will take place at the Artists’ Collective (1200 Albany Ave) from 5:30-7:30pm. All are welcome.
Where in Hartford would you find this?
This sign was found on a Park Street bus shelter