The Hartford Advocate’s 2010 Best of Hartford Readers’ Poll results were released. Congrats to:
- La Paloma Sabanera — third place for Best Local Coffeehouse
- The Russell — third place for Best Jamaican Restaurant and third place Best Soul Food
- Tangiers — second place for Best Middle Eastern Restaurant (not in Hartford)
- O’Porto – Best Portuguese Restaurant
I take food seriously and was glad to see these folks made the list.
Congrats also to:
- Jumping Frog — third place Best Indie Book Store
- WWUH — second place Best College Radio Station (not in Hartford)
- Urban Compass — third place for Best Local Blog (should have ranked first, in my opinion)
- Connecticut Science Center — Best Local Attraction
- Maria Rodriguez — Best Local Hero
- West End — Best Neighborhood*
- Frog Hollow – third place Best Neighborhood*
- Bushnell Park — second place Best Park
Asterisks indicate problematic category, as second place winner for Best Neighborhood is not in Hartford and is more of a business district than actual neighborhood.