Sadly, another person has been killed after being hit by a vehicle. Instead of holding responsible the driver, the anonymous loudmouths who comment on most Courant articles have placed the blame on Hartford, Obama, and various ethnic groups:
As the population of Hartford keeps looking more and more like Africa and Mexico, the lawless atmosphere which is systemic in most of Africa and Mexico is brought to Hartford. Just a big 3rd world city full of Obama voters, just sit back and watch the crime happen.
DeborahHemu (03/28/2010, 8:54 AM )
Hob Nob, Sadly it is about Hartford, This happens far too often in Hartford.. I remember Providence being like this 30 years ago.. What did they do? They made the city into a real showcase..
They can do the same with Hartford, it just takes a strong political base. and a strong police department.
Chief Roberts and Perez need to go. Bring outsiders in and let them do what they need to to clean up the sewage
brtrains (03/28/2010, 7:44 AM )
No, this *is* about Hartford. Yet another senseless tragedy, another reckless driver.
jh06415 (03/28/2010, 5:29 AM )
Hi brtrains, idiot, have you ever seen an ambulance pull into HH? What do you think, they pull to the ER lot at 70 miles/hour???
xyzz898zzyx (03/27/2010, 9:35 PM )
Good old Hartford, the arm pit of New England… To the idiots that think there should be speed bumps…. How is an ambulance supposed to go over them near the hospital in emergencies?
Clean up hartford and throw all the illegals out including all the crooked politicians
brtrains (03/27/2010, 8:26 PM )
sjsj (03/27/2010, 2:25 PM ) Hartford is a Cess Pool….lmaooooooooooooooo
DeeboBigWorm (03/27/2010, 7:30 PM )
They really should start putting speed bumps in Hartford,or atleast the grated concrete that makes your car shake when you go too fast. There’s too many idiots there w/ no license or insurance or regristration, and especially no respect for anyone else.
melycabrera (03/27/2010, 6:21 PM )
Said it before, I’ll say it again. The main reason my family doesnt go into Hartford isnt the crime or lack of parking. The cops do not enforce speed laws and residents dont know what a stop sign means. I’ll take my business where human beings live.
obkenobie (03/27/2010, 6:10 PM )
The streets around Hartford and St. Francis need multiple speed bumps for jackasses who think human life is nothing compared to the suspension on their cars.
CrazP (03/27/2010, 4:49 PM )
Way to go Hartford. Another Headline about death that will be National News.
DeeboBigWorm (03/27/2010, 1:19 PM )
- Teenager from Simsbury hit a seven-year old in Canton and does not stop because she “freaked out and got very scared.”
- A 59-year old man is killed in Montville after being hit. The driver ” stopped briefly, ‘but then drove away because he was scared.’”
- An elderly man struck a teenager on the Darien/Stamford border. The vehicle’s operator turned himself in later, saying that he did not realize he hit anyone.
- A 50-year-old Norwalk man was killed in a hit-and-run in Trumbull
- Two Norwalk teens stole a taxi, struck a woman in Stamford, and then fled the scene on foot. They later turned themselves in.
- In New Haven a baby was killed and his mother paralyzed in a hit-and-run
- A college student was killed after being struck by a car on the UConn campus. The driver asked others to keep the crash a secret; his parents were charged with helping their son cover up the crime.
As you can see, reckless driving, evasion of responsibility, and genuine confusion-behind-the-wheel are not problems remotely unique to Hartford.